Phlegraean Fields Tour
Pick-up at the hotel at approx. 8:15am and transfer to Solfatara in Pozzuoli, a perfect example of Volcanism of the area. The crater provides an exhibition of volcanic columns of smoke and boiling mud with a strong smell of sulphur. Go on to Flavio’s Amphitheatre, the most important record of Puteoli during the Imperial Rome. The attraction of the arena is represented by the extraordinary organisation of the underground network of tunnels.
After that, there will be a brief stop at Serapi, a temple located in the centre of Pozzuoli and then we will pass through Arco felice, the majestic entrance to the ancient city. Drive to the Acropolis of Cumae with Sibyl’s cave and its temples. Brief stop at d’Averno lake viewpoint for pictures.
Return and drop off at the hotel at around 16:15 pm.
About The Location
- 5-hour tour of the Phlegraean Fields
- Visit the volcanic crater at Solfatara in nearby Pozzuoli
- See the ancient Roman ruin of Flavio’s Amphitheatre
- See the temple at Serapi and the Arco Felice
- Marvel at the Acropolis of Cumae and Sybil’s Cave
Explore the fascinating volcanic landscape of the Phlegraean Fields on this 6/7-hour tour. Visit ruins and hot springs, caves and volcanic lakes that have inspired the likes of Virgil, Dante, Petrarch, Homer, Horace and Boccaccio.
- Not wheelchair accessible